Simple Cooking

A collection of recipes from anywhere and everywhere.

More About Me...

I am an Indian, born in Calcutta and raised and educated mostly in Delhi. I have travelled and lived a fair bit around the world and continue to live outside India currently. Cooking is a passion. I find it therapeutic and its my own private world. I cook, I eat, therefore I am!

Another Tit-Bit...

The blog is of food that I cook. Some of the recipes are my own but the majority are collected from various sources - my mother's and sister's recipes, scoured from the web, pestered from relatives, begged from restaurant chefs where I have eaten, shared by friends...and so on. But all of them, I have cooked myself, at least once.

Recipe for Tawa Murgh

This is an all out Indian recipe and is definitely not to be cooked in a hurry. It is time consuming in the sense that the process of two step marinating the chicken over a few hours is long but the cooking process in itself is not so laborious. Basically, if you have people coming over for dinner, you need to do the first marination, in the morning and the second at about noon and then cook it early evening. In between, there is hardly anything to be done. Just be patient.

As a matter of taste, it is a guaranteed absolute smash hit!

You need to eat this with the traditional Indian naan or roti or even rice. Is spicy by European standards but is not too hot.

I have cooked this about three times and everytime, its been a rage!

So here goes!


What you need:

Ingredients: oil
Chicken drumsticks 2 pcs (multiply all ingredients accordingly, if cooking for more)

For the 1st marination

1/2 tsp ginger-chopped
1/2 tsp garlic-chopped
a pinch of cardamom powder
1 tsp lemon juice
salt - according to taste

For the 2nd marination

3 tsp fresh cream
4 tbsp hung curd (basically yoghurt in cups is fine. The yoghurt should not be watery)
1/2 tsp garam masala

How to cook:

For the first marination; mix the chicken with the chopped ginger, chopped garlic, cardamom powder, lemon juice and salt and keep it for 3-4 hours.
For the second marination, now add cream, hung curd and garam masala to the marinated chicken and leave it aside for another 2-3 hours.
For the main preparation: heat oil in a non stick pan with a cover. Add the marinated chicken to it and cook for 15-20 minutes on a low flame, stirring it occasionally. Cook uncovered in the first 10-12 mins and then remove the cover for the rest. Do not add water, the sauce forms as you cook.

Garnish with chopped coriander for the finishing for the extra visual effect!

Serve hot with rice or rotis.

0 comments:

Post a Comment