Simple Cooking

A collection of recipes from anywhere and everywhere.

More About Me...

I am an Indian, born in Calcutta and raised and educated mostly in Delhi. I have travelled and lived a fair bit around the world and continue to live outside India currently. Cooking is a passion. I find it therapeutic and its my own private world. I cook, I eat, therefore I am!

Another Tit-Bit...

The blog is of food that I cook. Some of the recipes are my own but the majority are collected from various sources - my mother's and sister's recipes, scoured from the web, pestered from relatives, begged from restaurant chefs where I have eaten, shared by friends...and so on. But all of them, I have cooked myself, at least once.

Aniseed Vinaigrette Salad Dressing Recipe

Aniseed offers a hint of licorice flavor to this vinaigrette. Delightful when tossed with a simple mixture of fresh baby greens.

Here's what you need

1 shallot,
quartered
2 garlic cloves, halved
1 teaspoon dried or canned green peppercorns
1/2 teaspoon aniseed
1 tablespoon white-wine vinegar
1/4 cup olive oil (preferably extra-virgin)

Here's how to make it

Place the shallot, garlic, peppercorns, and aniseed in a blender and run on medium speed for a few seconds until mixture is chopped. Add the vinegar and blend well. With motor running, add oil in a stream and blend dressing until emulsified. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Store in refrigerator until ready to use. Keeps well for 1 week.
Makes scant 1/2 cup dressing.

0 comments:

Post a Comment