Simple Cooking

A collection of recipes from anywhere and everywhere.

More About Me...

I am an Indian, born in Calcutta and raised and educated mostly in Delhi. I have travelled and lived a fair bit around the world and continue to live outside India currently. Cooking is a passion. I find it therapeutic and its my own private world. I cook, I eat, therefore I am!

Another Tit-Bit...

The blog is of food that I cook. Some of the recipes are my own but the majority are collected from various sources - my mother's and sister's recipes, scoured from the web, pestered from relatives, begged from restaurant chefs where I have eaten, shared by friends...and so on. But all of them, I have cooked myself, at least once.

Recipe for Thai Coconut Soup

This is truly yum!yum! I have never come across something like this in any Thai restaurant, so this is probably not an authentic Thai recipe.

But in any case, as I said, yum!yum!



This is what you need:

3 cups lower sodium chicken broth (not cream of coconut)
1 (13.5-ounce) can unsweetened coconut milk
1 (1-inch) piece fresh ginger, peeled and cut into 1/8-inch slices
2 tablespoons fish sauce
1 jalapeño pepper, finely chopped
1 tablespoon grated lime zest
1 teaspoon sugar substitute
1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
4 ounces button mushrooms, cut into 1/4-inch slices
2 spring onions, thinly sliced
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
1 tablespoon fresh lime juice


This is how to cook it

Combine broth, coconut milk, ginger, fish sauce, jalapeño, lime zest and sugar substitute in a large saucepan over medium-low heat. Bring to a low boil, partially cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
Add shrimp and mushrooms; simmer until shrimp are cooked through, 3 to 5 minutes. Remove and discard ginger. Stir in spring onions, cilantro and lime juice and serve.

0 comments:

Post a Comment