Simple Cooking

A collection of recipes from anywhere and everywhere.

More About Me...

I am an Indian, born in Calcutta and raised and educated mostly in Delhi. I have travelled and lived a fair bit around the world and continue to live outside India currently. Cooking is a passion. I find it therapeutic and its my own private world. I cook, I eat, therefore I am!

Another Tit-Bit...

The blog is of food that I cook. Some of the recipes are my own but the majority are collected from various sources - my mother's and sister's recipes, scoured from the web, pestered from relatives, begged from restaurant chefs where I have eaten, shared by friends...and so on. But all of them, I have cooked myself, at least once.

Recipe for Creamy Mushroom Soup


Ooohhhh! Mushrooms... I love mushrooms and its not just the white button mushrooms, but there are others and you can any one of them to the soup and the broth gets more exciting...shiitake, porcini......Oooohhhhh!



This is what we need

3 tablespoons unsalted butter
1/2 small onion, coarsely chopped
1 garlic clove, chopped
500 gms mixed mushrooms, sliced
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
4 cups vegetable broth
1/2 cup dry sherry (replace with 1/2 cop broth if you like)
1 cup heavy cream

This is how to cook it


Melt butter in a pot over high heat. Add onion and sauté until soft, about 3 minutes. Add garlic and sauté until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add mushrooms, salt and pepper; sauté until soft and light brown, about 10 minutes. Add broth and sherry; simmer to allow flavors to blend, about 5 minutes. Transfer soup to a blender. Holding blender lid down firmly with a folded kitchen towel, blend at low speed to purée (you may have to work in batches). Return soup to saucepan; bring back to a simmer over medium heat. Add cream and simmer, stirring constantly, until soup is thick, about 5 minutes. Serve right away or refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 3 days. Reheat before serving.

0 comments:

Post a Comment