Simple Cooking

A collection of recipes from anywhere and everywhere.

More About Me...

I am an Indian, born in Calcutta and raised and educated mostly in Delhi. I have travelled and lived a fair bit around the world and continue to live outside India currently. Cooking is a passion. I find it therapeutic and its my own private world. I cook, I eat, therefore I am!

Another Tit-Bit...

The blog is of food that I cook. Some of the recipes are my own but the majority are collected from various sources - my mother's and sister's recipes, scoured from the web, pestered from relatives, begged from restaurant chefs where I have eaten, shared by friends...and so on. But all of them, I have cooked myself, at least once.

Recipe for Ginger Garlic Chicken

A very standard Chinese Fare and delicious to say the least. Not very time consuming and has a fairly distint garlicy taste and flavour. Goes well with hot plain rice or fresh noodles.

The sauce is the soul of this recipe and adds the taste and the flavour while the chicken itself is coated with cornflour for the crunchiness.

Bring out the chop sticks!

Here's what you need:

Ingredients: 1 chicken (about a kg or less) cut into small pieces
2 tbsp corn flour
1/4 cup (60 g) oil
1 large onion-sliced finely
2 tbsp grated ginger
10 cloves garlic-finely chopped

Sauce ingredients to be mixed together
2 tsp soya sauce
1/2 cup water
1 tbsp vinegar
1/4 cup tomato puree
1 tsp salt or to taste
1/4 tsp powdered black pepper
1 tsp corn flour

Here's how to cook it

Wash chicken pieces and wipe dry. Put these and corn flour into a paper or plastic bag and shake well to coat chicken well. Remove the coated pieces, dust off the excess flour and keep aside.Heat oil in a kadahi. Add chicken pieces first over high heat then lower the heat and fry till golden and cooked through. Drain well and keep aside. In the remainder oil, add sliced onion, ginger and garlic, and stir fry till onion is transparent. Add chicken, turn around a few times, and then add the mixed sauce ingredients. Stir-fry till the sauce thickens a bit. Transfer chicken to a serving dish, garnish with spring onions and serve.

0 comments:

Post a Comment