Simple Cooking

A collection of recipes from anywhere and everywhere.

More About Me...

I am an Indian, born in Calcutta and raised and educated mostly in Delhi. I have travelled and lived a fair bit around the world and continue to live outside India currently. Cooking is a passion. I find it therapeutic and its my own private world. I cook, I eat, therefore I am!

Another Tit-Bit...

The blog is of food that I cook. Some of the recipes are my own but the majority are collected from various sources - my mother's and sister's recipes, scoured from the web, pestered from relatives, begged from restaurant chefs where I have eaten, shared by friends...and so on. But all of them, I have cooked myself, at least once.

Recipe for Mutton Burger Patties

Okie Doks.

This is an easy one and and you really need to get dirty with it. You have use your hands to mix the mince meat with all the other ingredients. I can tell you one thing for sure, if you want to cook, you need to use your bare hands. Dont go by the belief that you can cook without using your hands, there's no fun in that. Get your hands working and get the feel of the food that you are going to eat. Of course, wash your hands please and guys...please...wash your hands before you enter the kitchen after popping into the loo no matter what you were doing there!

Puuhhleeezze!


This is what you need:

1/2 kilo ground mutton ( you can use chicken or beef, if you like and these can be the round one or the more long type ones too)
1 green onion chopped
1/2 cup chopped fresh spinach (frozen ones will save you the trouble)
1/4 cup chopped tomato
1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh dill or 3/4 teaspoon dried ( go for the dried ones to save time)
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper

This is how it is cooked

Combine ground beef, green onion, spinach, tomato, feta, dill, salt and pepper. Form into 2 patties. Grill or pan-fry over medium-high heat for 6 minutes on each side for medium doneness.

Have it with the bun or even without it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment