Simple Cooking

A collection of recipes from anywhere and everywhere.

More About Me...

I am an Indian, born in Calcutta and raised and educated mostly in Delhi. I have travelled and lived a fair bit around the world and continue to live outside India currently. Cooking is a passion. I find it therapeutic and its my own private world. I cook, I eat, therefore I am!

Another Tit-Bit...

The blog is of food that I cook. Some of the recipes are my own but the majority are collected from various sources - my mother's and sister's recipes, scoured from the web, pestered from relatives, begged from restaurant chefs where I have eaten, shared by friends...and so on. But all of them, I have cooked myself, at least once.

An ode to Cooking


“I don't like gourmet cooking or "this" cooking or "that" cooking. I like good cooking.”

Ya..... good food. Thats all that counts. The above quote is something the crazy James Beard is supposed to have said years ago but the truth of this is quite sane. Who cares about gourmet food with two sprinkling of this and three pinches of that. Most of the ingredients cant be found in your local store, it takes too long and its ultimately never tastes like it is supposed to. If it feels like a drag, why bother?

I like to cook, actually I love to cook. I find it therapeutic.

But what I cook is not the nonsense fine gourmet this and gourmet that...it just needs to taste great and something that will remind us of our mothers....

0 comments:

Post a Comment