Simple Cooking

A collection of recipes from anywhere and everywhere.

More About Me...

I am an Indian, born in Calcutta and raised and educated mostly in Delhi. I have travelled and lived a fair bit around the world and continue to live outside India currently. Cooking is a passion. I find it therapeutic and its my own private world. I cook, I eat, therefore I am!

Another Tit-Bit...

The blog is of food that I cook. Some of the recipes are my own but the majority are collected from various sources - my mother's and sister's recipes, scoured from the web, pestered from relatives, begged from restaurant chefs where I have eaten, shared by friends...and so on. But all of them, I have cooked myself, at least once.

Recipe for Spinach and Feta Omlette

Ok. So here's another super quick recipe from my student days...is basically a breakfast menu but then I have had it at all odd times of the day and night!

All you need is -

2 Eggs
2 tbsp of crushed Feta Cheese
2 tbsp chopped tomatoes (one small tomato should suffice)
2 tbsp of thawed chopped spinach (if you have it fresh, well, boil it and use that - the frozen ones are much easier)
1tbsp oil
Salt and Pepper


How to make it:

Break the egggs in a bowl, add 2 tsp of water, whisk the eggs and add a pinch of salt and pepper according to taste. Pour 2 tsp of oil to the pan and after its sufficiently hot, pour the egg into it and spread it around. Wait for a minute and add the cheese, tomatoes and the spinach into the centre of the pan. Sprinkle another pinch of salt on the filling. Fold the sides of the omlette to wrap the filling. Dont worry if the egg is still wet, face up. Its meant that way. Turn down the heat to low/medium.
Cover the pan and let it cook for about 5 mins. Keep checking, so that the underside of the omlette does not burn. The idea is to let the filling cook enough.

The Omlette is done.

Have a filling breakfast..or whatever meal it is you are having!

Yum Yum.

0 comments:

Post a Comment