Simple Cooking

A collection of recipes from anywhere and everywhere.

More About Me...

I am an Indian, born in Calcutta and raised and educated mostly in Delhi. I have travelled and lived a fair bit around the world and continue to live outside India currently. Cooking is a passion. I find it therapeutic and its my own private world. I cook, I eat, therefore I am!

Another Tit-Bit...

The blog is of food that I cook. Some of the recipes are my own but the majority are collected from various sources - my mother's and sister's recipes, scoured from the web, pestered from relatives, begged from restaurant chefs where I have eaten, shared by friends...and so on. But all of them, I have cooked myself, at least once.

Recipe for Cheese Scrambled Eggs

A fatty, heavy breakfast for those lazy weekend breakfasts. While it is uncomplicated, it is rich in fat and proteins and so for those on Low Cal, High Protein ( Atkins type) diets, this works well.

You can add fresh herbs, mushrooms, tomatoes, or shredded chicken to the mix, as a variation on this basic recipe.

This is what is needed:

4 large eggs
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon pepper
1/2 tablespoon unsalted butter
1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese


Here is how to make it:

Whisk eggs, salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add eggs and cook, stirring with heatproof rubber spatula. As the eggs begin to set add ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese. Cook 3 to 5 more minutes. Voila! Your breakfast is ready!!

You can add the mushrooms or herbs etc as the same time as the cheese when doing the variations. Take care not to overcook it, otherwise making it too dry. Scrambled eggs are meant to be a bit moist, thus keeping it soft.

0 comments:

Post a Comment