Simple Cooking

A collection of recipes from anywhere and everywhere.

More About Me...

I am an Indian, born in Calcutta and raised and educated mostly in Delhi. I have travelled and lived a fair bit around the world and continue to live outside India currently. Cooking is a passion. I find it therapeutic and its my own private world. I cook, I eat, therefore I am!

Another Tit-Bit...

The blog is of food that I cook. Some of the recipes are my own but the majority are collected from various sources - my mother's and sister's recipes, scoured from the web, pestered from relatives, begged from restaurant chefs where I have eaten, shared by friends...and so on. But all of them, I have cooked myself, at least once.

Recipe for Scrambled Eggs with Herbs


Its the Herbs which add the touch from the regular scrambled eggs. You can use the dry mixed herbs from the stores if the fresh ones are hard to find. The taste is of course better with the fresh ones. The portion is good enough for 2 people. The whole thing wont take you more than 15 minutes.

Ahh! the warm smell of scrambled eggs early in the morning with a herby twist!!

Have with warm buttered toasted bread and cold watermelon juice...oooh!

Here's what you need

6 large eggs
2 tablespoons of cream
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
1 teaspoons chopped fresh tarragon, parsley, or chives or a combination
Here's how to cook it:

Whisk eggs, cream, salt, pepper, and herbs in a medium bowl.
Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
Add eggs and cook, stirring with heatproof rubber spatula, until creamy, eggs are set but still moist, 3 to 5 minutes. Scrambled eggs must be moist, so dont overcook it.
Breakfast's served!

0 comments:

Post a Comment