Simple Cooking

A collection of recipes from anywhere and everywhere.

More About Me...

I am an Indian, born in Calcutta and raised and educated mostly in Delhi. I have travelled and lived a fair bit around the world and continue to live outside India currently. Cooking is a passion. I find it therapeutic and its my own private world. I cook, I eat, therefore I am!

Another Tit-Bit...

The blog is of food that I cook. Some of the recipes are my own but the majority are collected from various sources - my mother's and sister's recipes, scoured from the web, pestered from relatives, begged from restaurant chefs where I have eaten, shared by friends...and so on. But all of them, I have cooked myself, at least once.

Recipe for Chicken Salad

Very simple and in minutes ready salad. Now dont go nuts about the poached chicken part. Poched chicken is basically boiled chicken but it is boiled in just enough water to submerge and for the flavour, you can either simply add stock cubes or herbs or just salt or if you like it basic, just keep it plain water. But having a flavour always helps. Once the water boils, reduce the heat and let it just heat without bubbling over for about 10 minutes. After that keep the chicken in the water for 10-15 minutes to cool down and soak in the water and its flavours. The rest is below.


This is what you need:

1/2 kilo poached chicken breast
1 celery stalk, chopped
3 tablespoons mayonnaise
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
roughly shredded lettuce leaves

This is how to make it:

Cut chicken into 1/2 cubes. Mix celery, lettuce, mayonnaise, mustard, and parsley in a bowl. Add chicken; toss to coat. Done!

0 comments:

Post a Comment